Global Operations Strategy & Program Manager - Power Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Global Operations Strategy & Program Manager is responsible for leading global product, process, and component transfers as well as setting manufacturing strategy for new products and existing products across the global manufacturing footprint.
- Oversee, coordinate, building of teams, schedules, activities for all global transfers.
- Set manufacturing strategies for new products and existing products globally to support the growth of the business.
- Identify and lead implementation of global processes and systems needed to successfully manufacture products across multiple sites globally.
- Lead evaluation and strategy on what processes we invest in vertical integration vs source to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Lead and resource various other operational projects and activities
- Responsible for the completion of assigned operations projects within budget and schedule.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Schedules meetings, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Interacts with cross functional team both internal and external to achieve project goals
- Vital to be extremely organized and detailed-oriented
- Possessing a high sense of urgency and delivering information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Operations Management or technical field. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years operations or manufacturing experience. Proven experience with operations financial analysis and models (i.e. Make vs Buy, standard costing, capex).
- Involvement in leading product transfers, international preferred.
- Experience successfully managing medium-high complexity projects.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results driven and deadline orientated. Ability to manage projects to aggressive schedules and results.
- Ability to handle fast paced, and agile culture. Ability to adapt to constant change and competing priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.