Project Leader - Service Operations in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Service Project Leader supports the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy, with a focus on the Service Organization within Milwaukee Tool. The Service Project Leader is a change agent responsible for building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline processes and project prioritization.
The ideal candidate will be a strong facilitator with process improvement experience in various transactional processes including but not limited to operations, marketing, finance, and sales. This position will need to influence and motivate project teams that span multiple departments and locations with minimal direction. Equally important, this position will be simultaneously managing multiple Service projects from project definition through sustainment of improvements.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Maintain strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Facilitate strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, and quick hit projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state; works cross-functionally with Finance to understand the financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters, project plans, and project governance documents. Track project progress. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks, and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles and road blocks.
- Works with the business to establish appropriate level of stress/testing to place on a project improvement
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication and consistency.
- Select and execute appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-Why Analysis etc.
- Work cross functionally with Training, Service Marketing Manager, and other departments to develop and deliver training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools.
- Periodic travel may be required up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- 4+ years of experience with business process improvement
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Strong Proficiency in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping & Kaizen
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, Microsoft Project, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- EDI, ERP, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience