The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating, documenting, developing, implementing, and improving methods and procedures used to assemble, process, test, and/or manufacture METCO products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create operational method sheets (OMS) and related documentation and ensure they are current, accurate and understood by the team.
- Identify, prepare and implement improvement opportunities that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Prepare equipment/process improvement analysis and cost justifications for necessary capital equipment and other manufacturing expense spending.
- Conduct capability and time studies and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate, perform and troubleshoot equipment, tooling and fixture installation and maintenance.
- Measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
- Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Participate in Kaizen and project engineering as necessary.
- Responsible for technical support for all area specific compliance issues with regards to quality (ISO 9000), safety, and environmental (ISO14000) and METCO/plant policies.
- Act as technical resource for manufacturing and maintenance and as a backup for other Engineers.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall Cell goals.
- Obtain a minimum of forty hours of training annually.
- Stay current with METCO business including present and future trends.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineering
Three (3) years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Supervisory experience helpful.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO management tools). Must be able to problem solve and use root cause analysis.
Computer knowledge and skills highly preferred.