Electrical Engineer - Lighting and Lifestyle in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As an Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional team to create specifications for electronics systems to be developed by outsource suppliers.
- Create test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Track assigned deliverables to ensure adherence to overall project schedules and the Milwaukee process.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Oversee electronics designs as proposed by outside suppliers.
- Provide timely feedback to engineering counterparts in Asia during the course of development of outsource-designed products.
Oversight of Electronics Designs -- Outsourced Design
- Apply a critical mindset to designs in order to effectively and efficiently evaluate product designs while using expertise to elevate others.
- Quickly identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems in order to resolve in a high urgency environment.
- Ability and drive to continue digging for root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted.
- High level of attention to detail in order to provide technical confidence products are ready for mass production.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.
- Broad-based experience with various electronics disciplines. Analog design, power electronics, LED lighting, microcontroller systems, USB power systems, and brushless motor control are especially useful.
- Prior experience with development of "end use" commercial products and knowledge of taking an item from concept to production is desirable.