Senior Electronics Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of battery and charger electronics, responsible for firmware and hardware design, development, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with electronics engineers, mechanical engineers, project management and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test and troubleshoot battery and charger electronics, while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Strong understanding of switched mode power supplies, ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track multiple projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and verify mass production electronics that will be used in harsh operating conditions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Proficient in C.
- Understanding of UL requirements and EMC testing
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.