Manager Software Development in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool, an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide, is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and motivated candidates with experience delivering world-class customer experiences and driving digital transformations across all business units. Come join the IT Team behind the most exciting and innovative tool company in the world and join the REDvolution!
The manager of software development is responsible for successfully maintaining a fast-paced agile driven software development team for Milwaukee Tool. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, strong technical background and a passion for leading technical people.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Project delivery
- Ensure all deadlines are properly scoped and achieved
- Create timelines and project documentation as needed
- Manage deliverables using excellent organizational and management skills
- Professional development
- Manage multiple development teams of 4-6 people
- Ability to build and maintain high performing teams
- Recruit high-caliber talent as needed
- Business and technical leadership
- Work with cross function teams including PMO, QA, IT Ops, Architecture, and other software development managers to develop and apply consistent standardized development processes that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects
- Develop software development strategy utilizing industry standards. Create roadmap and timing of implementation of the roadmap based on business requirements and strategy.
- Represent the software development team in evaluation of new technologies or solutions, provide guidance and feedback in solution design reviews to ensure best practices and standards are applied consistently.
- Provide regular: process, team and project level reporting to leadership as needed
- Promotes a culture where teams are inspired to collaborate; ensuring everyone understands their part in the process
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various organizational levels.
- Develop working knowledge of business processes; interact cross-functionally with key business and IT stakeholders to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business.
- Technical facilitation
- Manage development pipeline requirements with attention to process improvements and cross functional alignment
- Work through technical issues with cross functional teams
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in Management Information Systems (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of Application Development Experience with at least 2 years of Lead experience
- Experience with software and database design concepts
- Technical experience in object-oriented programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency and ownership
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Experience with micro-services architecture, cloud application development (Azure), .NET Core, React, SQL, NoSQL, infrastructure as code (Terraform)