Supervisor - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for leading and coordinating teams in manufacturing areas in order to meet production schedules and meet required quality, safety, cost, inventory and team objectives.
- Orientate, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist team members in work instructions, production standards, and the balanced flow of work and problem resolution.
- Perform all related supervisory and human resource functions (work assignments, attendance documentations, incident reports, performance evaluations/counseling).
- Assist in production scheduling/planning, quality control, material flow and equipment maintenance.
- Audit quality and safety reports and processes to determine cause of issues/problems and ensures necessary corrections are performed to maintain standards.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Facilitate team meetings and communications.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Assign work and special projects to team members to develop work experience and flexibility.
- Requisition resources (supplies, tools, etc.) and expedite as required.
- Act as backup for all team members including Department Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall department goals.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a production environment. Lead or supervisory experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge: Must have good verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO managements tools). Ability to understand and use work planning skills.