Advanced Quality Engineer II - Safety in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Advanced Quality Engineer II provides quality engineering expertise to cross-functional project teams which include New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. Project team members are led by a Project Leader and include Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Primary duties of the Advanced Quality Engineer II - Safety are to lead and direct the quality activities for targeted safety projects to successfully meet Project Quality Objectives as well as project goals including Time-To-Market, Cost, and Performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the project team lead for the Quality and Reliability function while supporting process improvement initiatives in safety and other textile categories.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to translate customer needs into product requirements and specifications.
- Support the product design process including test design, benchmarking, and testing of new materials and technology.
- Specify and justify testing equipment and fixtures to support new material research and testing.
- Develop and execute test procedures to validate product specifications and ensure Quality and Reliability readiness.
- Independently developing, writing and analyzing testing reports in internal laboratory.
- Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) during the product development cycle.
- Perform failure analysis and recommend solutions with corrective action, as required.
- Proactively seek out quality improvements for new and existing products.
Quality Functions - New Product team:
- Work with the global quality teams to develop QC mitigation strategies for high risk specifications.
- Coordinate quality planning activities such as auditing, inspection, and control plans (incoming, in-process and outgoing) that drives user need CtQ requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with US, European, and Asian based manufacturing and supplier representatives to ensure operational readiness of new product launches.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Able to call, lead and conduct global, cross functional team members with the following participants: New product development engineering, internal/external operations/suppliers, quality and supply chain.
- Provide technical guidance to the PRC supplier quality team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachler of Science in Material Science and Engineering
- Master of Science with concentration in Textile, Polymer, Composite, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering/science/laboratory environment with Personal Protection Equipment
- Experience in research and development with soft goods, natural and synthetic materials that are flexible including but not limited to textiles, foams, rubber, filters and other
- Experience in a manufacturing facility or pilot plant desired
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials
- Extremely critical thinker, able to evaluate and identify risks in the early product development cycle and able drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Relevant experience with statistical tools such as MiniTab and ReliaSoft
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (domestic and international)