Senior Electrical Engineer - Advanced Development in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As a Senior Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-functional team to identify features, functions, and requirements for conceptual electronics systems.
- Create initial prototypes and concept models of electronics systems with an eye towards practicality and manufacturing feasibility.
- Be aware of new technologies relevant to our industry and implement them when feasible. Continue to educate self with new technologies.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Be able to present information to cross-functional audiences.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
- Be willing to provide hands-on assistance with product development from initial concept to production.
- Use laboratory equipment typically utilized in an electronics development environment.
- As an Advanced Development EE you will be involved with the "front end" of new product lines. You will be the leader of the electronic system design and will be the chief technical expert of that system.
- As project moves from concept to development, you will be expected to provide guidance and/or assistance throughout the duration of the project.
- You will need to be able to design, build, and test prototype electronic systems.
- You will need to collaboratively work with a cross functional team to define features, functions, and requirements of concept designs until they are ready for final development.
- Must be able to quickly identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems in order to resolve in a high urgency environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Knowledge of power electronics designs: Power supplies, Brushless motor drives, Inverters, and similar systems.
- Broad-based experience with analog circuitry and embedded systems.
- Ability to write firmware for embedded systems required.
- Knowledge of USB power systems and battery charging systems is useful.
- Familiarity with agency standards surrounding power supplies, EMC is helpful.
- Familiarity with EMC / EMI mitigation helpful.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams to create new designs within a defined time period. Prior experience with development of "end use" commercial products and knowledge of taking an item from concept to production is desirable.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).