Senior Electronics Engineer - Power Electronics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new products, responsible for all aspects of design including circuit design, schematic capture, leading in-house PCB designers, board bring-up, test and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC topologies.
- Collaborate with other cross functional team members across the organization in order to define product requirements.
- Investigate and select appropriate circuit topology based on system requirements.
- Responsible for topology selection, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronics circuitry.
- Create new design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test results.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, FCC and ANSI.
- Design new power electronics circuitry according to EMI requirements.
- Work and collaborate with other cross functional team members i.e. marketing, mechanical engineering, firmware, agency, and manufacturing.
- Document new designs and train other engineers in those designs.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Preferred: Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics
- Solid understanding and background in power electronics
- Good understanding of EMI best practices and mitigation techniques
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.