Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 1/17/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop automated systems for testing and new product development.
- Create CAD models and drawings of system assemblies, components and products.
- Utilize LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and PLC ladder programming in fixture development.
- Perform FEA on critical mechanical components and assemblies.
- Specify material, surface finish, heat treatment and coatings based on application stresses, tolerance and application.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers researching, selecting, and implementing sensor technology.
- Employ communication technologies, control devices, position sensing, and force measurement.
- Design self-monitoring mechanical systems incorporating such elements as force, torque and velocity to detect failures.
- Assist in the building, testing and programming of automated fixtures.
- Create system documentation including BOM, operational instructions, and maintenance schedule.
- Prepare and submit work orders, purchase requisitions, and expedite tooling projects to assure timely completion.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Assist with training other team members as necessary and requested.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- Experience in mechanical design utilizing CAD, SolidWorks or NX-Unigraphics.
- Experience with programming languages such as LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C, ladder logic, assembly.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and performance calculations.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical components.