As a Packaging Engineer at Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will be responsible for leading the development and design of packaging from concept to commercialization for new product launches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with domestic and global Engineering and Marketing teams to design packaging that fulfills product and merchandising needs
- Utilize Solidworks and ArtiosCAD for concepts and development
- Coordinate testing plans to validate new packaging
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring adherence to timelines. Provide technical assistance and consultation to all areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, and Quality, as it relates to packaging
- Work to develop packaging alternatives that help support cost reduction initiatives
- Regularly visit manufacturing, distribution, and suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide troubleshooting analysis, as required
- Lead and assist in rapid resolution of related production packaging issues
- Develop & maintain global awareness of competitor product offerings and emerging design technologies in the packaging industry
- Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required (10%)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering required
- 1+ years related experience in packaging development supporting new product development initiatives for consumer retail goods.
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Functional knowledge of Solidworks and ArtiosCAD preferred
- Knowledge of packaging materials: corrugated, paperboard, plastics, flexible films, labels, adhesives, and sealing technologies.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods of packaging materials: thermoforming, injection molding, and printing processes
- Must be able to work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineering departments to execute projects from concept to closure