Industrial Engineer - Hand Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for production BOMs and Routings, supply chain planning, and is a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the ERP system. Individuals in this position will provide leadership over moderate to complex projects. Lead Continuous Improvement projects that increase productivity, reduce lead time, improve quality, and reduce cost. Due to the nature of this position, interaction with all departments throughout the organization is common in addition to collaboration with corporate counterparts.
- Create plant layout plans focusing on product flow and material handling efficiency.
- Develop BOMs, Routings and Cost for new and existing products considering Takt time and continuous flow.
- Create PQPR (Product Quantity Process Routing), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), and WIs (Work Instructions) to support manufacturing.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and deviations.
- Analyze forecasts to develop production plans for finished goods, subassemblies, and accompanying raw materials based on defined run strategies, equipment, labor and raw material availability.
- Collaborate with Corporate Supply/Demand Planning on Promotion coordination and execution.
- Actively participate in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP).
- Support cradle to grave product management reducing risk of supply disruption and end of life excess and obsolescence.
- Act as the Liaison for NPD planning, product discontinuance, and program execution.
- Utilize Lean tools, such as 5S, Kaizen VSM, and Pull Systems.
- Research and lead the implementation of the facility MES to integrate all manufacturing systems.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to increase productivity, this includes any skills as related to project management and vendor relationships.
- Have basic knowledge in finance to understand concepts of Capital investment, payback, and standard costs.
- Schedules meetings, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in operating environment. Can be a combination of internships and/or professional level or equivalent combinations of education & experience
- Experience in Capacity/Schedule Analysis
- Must be willing and able to lead and motivate others
- Proficient use of MS Office software (especially Excel)
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools
- Six Sigma/Lean Training a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP experience a plus