Electrical Engineer - Product Support in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is seeking an Electronics Engineer to join our Product Support Team. The successful candidate will apply their knowledge of electronics components and circuit analysis skills to solve issues with high volume production electronics.
Day in the Life
You will work and grow in a fast-paced and agile team that supplies critical Electrical Engineering support to operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Electrical Engineering support to high volume production lines to ensure on- time performance and high yield.
- Diagnose the failure modes of production PCBAs.
- Perform analysis of alternate electronics components to maintain supply chain stability.
- Review drawing releases and engineering change notices.
- Use critical path methods, impactful communications, and cross functional collaboration to manage numerous short and long duration projects to success.
- Milwaukee Tool is a global organization. Travel one time per year is typical to maintain a strong knowledge of the business and its operations.
Education & Background
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 -- 5 years of applicable experience is required with at least some time directly involved with product design of electronics.
- Engineering experience: Microcontroller circuits (8/16/32 Bit), embedded firmware, power electronics, statistical analysis methods, automated test fixture development, root cause analysis, PCB assembly techniques, and troubleshooting with laboratory equipment (oscilloscope).
- Must be a good cross-functional communicator and thrive within a high-performance environment.
- Background in any of the following: portable electronics, power tools, motor controls, power electronics and power supply circuits, consumer electronics, or instrumentation and measurement systems.
- Should enjoy being a hands-on engineer -- we're a power tool company!