Senior Advanced Quality Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Advanced Quality Engineer provides quality engineering expertise to cross-functional project teams which include New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. Project team members are led by a Project Leader and include Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Primary duties of the Senior Advanced Quality Engineer are to lead and direct the quality activities for targeted safety projects to successfully meet Project Quality Objectives as well as project goals including Time-To-Market, Cost, and Performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as the project team lead for the Quality and Reliability function while supporting process improvement initiatives in safety and other textile categories.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to translate customer needs into product requirements and specifications.
- Support the product design process including test design, benchmarking, and testing of new materials and technology.
- Specify and justify testing equipment and fixtures to support new material research and testing.
- Develop and execute test procedures to validate product specifications and ensure Quality and Reliability readiness.
- Independently developing, writing and analyzing testing reports in internal laboratory.
- Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) during the product development cycle.
- Perform failure analysis and recommend solutions with corrective action, as required.
- Proactively seek out quality improvements for new and existing products.
Quality Functions - New Product team:
- Work with the global quality teams to develop QC mitigation strategies for high risk specifications.
- Coordinate quality planning activities such as auditing, inspection, and control plans (incoming, in-process and outgoing) that drives user need CtQ requirements through product specifications and into manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with US, European, and Asian based manufacturing and supplier representatives to ensure operational readiness of new product launches.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of suppliers.
- Able to call, lead and conduct global, cross functional team members with the following participants: New product development engineering, internal/external operations/suppliers, quality and supply chain.
- Provide technical guidance to the PRC supplier quality team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachler of Science in Material Science and Engineering
- Master of Science with concentration in Textile, Polymer, Composite, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in engineering/science/laboratory environment with Personal Protection Equipment
- Experience in research and development with soft goods, natural and synthetic materials that are flexible including but not limited to textiles, foams, rubber, filters and other
- Experience in a manufacturing facility or pilot plant desired
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials
- Extremely critical thinker, able to evaluate and identify risks in the early product development cycle and able drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Relevant experience with statistical tools such as MiniTab and ReliaSoft
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (domestic and international)