Principal Electrical Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our Value Engineering Team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leadership as well as a solid background in the design of electronic circuits and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & motivate the team to drive down cost of Milwaukee Tool power tool platform electronics with innovative design solutions.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, PCBA manufacturing, and presentation skills.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Lead & grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical & schedule issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Bring a strong technical understanding of embedded system design and best practices to the team.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in the design of Electronics
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a team lead role having duties and responsibilities like the above.
- Highly motivated self-driver with never satisfied, always improving attitude.
- Practical background in any of the following: portable electronics, power tools, motor controls, power electronics and power supply circuits, consumer electronics, or instrumentation and measurement systems.
- Should enjoy being a hands-on engineer - we're a power tool company!