Principal Electrical Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Principal Electrical Engineer will lead & manage a team of embedded system or power electronics engineers focused on delivering new battery & charger products to the market. Responsibilities include strategic roadmap planning, resource allocation and scope management, technical and systems engineering strategy, oversight of technical reviews / design decisions, and process improvement / change management. This includes working in a team environment with marketing, project management, firmware engineering, mechanical engineering, and global manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & motivate the team to deliver on schedule within cost & performance metrics.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gannt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, PCBA manufacturing, and presentation skills.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Lead & grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Assess the product roadmap and set technical strategy for ground up new battery and charger designs to most effectively support that roadmap.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical & management issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Help manage relationships with PCBA manufacturing & critical component suppliers.
- Help lead training & continuous improvement efforts of Milwaukee's product development processes and best practices.
- Bring a strong technical understanding of embedded system / switched-mode power supply design and best practices to the organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of highly successful experience in embedded systems or power electronics / conversion.
- Highly motivated self-driver with never satisfied, always improving attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.