Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Lead Data Engineer. We are looking for someone who has delivered complex, enterprise grade data solutions who is detail-oriented, passionate, and has a keen business sense coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude.
A successful candidate will combine strong technical abilities with leadership skills to deliver business value in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment. They will be self-driven, capable of effective collaboration with different technical and non-technical stakeholders, an experienced mentor, a steward of best practices, and seek to deliver successfully against high operational standards.
- Create and build robust data structures to support end user's analysis and decision making across multiple business verticals. This includes both end-to-end architecting and business solutioning.
- Collaborate with end users and peers to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate into an effective technical solution.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical personnel in solving complex data related business and technical problems.
- Monitor data warehouse eco-system and identify opportunities to make enhancements.
- Ensure data processes run and complete on a timely basis to ensure business continuity.
- Adhere to timelines and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Coach and develop other data professionals.
- Drive data best practices and contribute to development of overall data strategy and roadmap.
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling (Kimball Dimensional Modeling Methodology). Advanced experience working with data warehouses and ETL applications with expert-level knowledge of relational data.
- Clear communication skills; the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non- technical internal clients.
- Coding proficiency in one or more languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Ruby, Java), expertise in SQL (e.g. MS SQL, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, SPARQL), and familiarity with one or more schema definition languages (e.g. DDL, SDL, etc.).
- Advanced experience leveraging various strategies for ingesting, modelling, processing, and persisting data as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with distributed systems (e.g. Elastic Map Reduce, MPP architectures, and NoSQL databases). Experience with cloud data warehousing and management solutions.
- Familiarity with Power BI and other visualization solutions (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.).
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to learn new technologies and work independently -- an ideal candidate is curious and always willing to implement the latest and greatest technologies.
- Business Acumen and understanding of basic data flow and processes in a manufacturing business.
- Cloud Experience preferred (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.). Demonstrated Azure experience with Data Factory, Analysis Services, SQL Managed Instance, Synapse, and DevOps.
Education & Business Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty with demonstrable track record in developing data solutions that are correct, stable, and high performing; provide business value; and use resources efficiently (e.g. system hardware, data storage, query optimization, cloud infrastructure, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.