Application Analyst - Lead in Greenwood, Indiana
Reporting to the Sr. Mgr. Production Support, this unique role leads a team of Production Support Analysts as well as supports Milwaukee Tool's infrastructure platforms at the network, storage, and compute level. This role will require both leadership, people management skills, and technical skills to be successful in the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for team development focused on stellar customer service through use of but not limited to SLA's, reports, First Call Resolution (FCR), Client satisfaction surveys and other Metrics.
- Serve as the escalation point for Tier 2 Support.
- Must be able to work under pressure to ensure tactical and strategic initiatives are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an effective problem management and incident management strategy.
- Responsible for all functions of the IT Service Desk. This includes management of both internal and external personnel to ensure that goals are achieved and proper guidelines are enforced focusing on adequate staffing schedules and cross training across IT.
- Comply with established change management procedures and work collaboratively with the IT team to ensure a robust, stable computing environment.
- Manage the integration of new client technology into business systems processes and procedures.
- Plan and implement technology projects within scheduled timeframes and approved financial plans.
- Establish a strong relationship with business users (purposefully practice relationship management), communicate planned and unplanned outages effectively, and work together with vendors, business, and IT to determine the most effective solution for Milwaukee Tool.
- Continuously practice team and employee development through team meetings, one-on-ones, identification of high potential employees, creation and execution of formal development plans, positioning people in stretch roles, etc.
- Progressively monitor the industry for emerging technologies, methodologies and trends and propose technology solutions to resolve business problems, as appropriate. (Ex. Consumerization of IT)
- Ability to travel to other Milwaukee Tool locations on occasion.
- Manage local vendor relationships for network, telecommunications, and AV support.
- Foundational knowledge of manufacturing, distribution, and business operations.
- Provide support for enterprise systems including but not limited to:
- Messaging and collaboration (Office 365, Microsoft Teams)
- Active Directory
- Network File Shares
- Backup Technologies
- Hardware Implementation and Support for Servers and Storage, both local and remote.
- Maintain VMWare and Operating System environments across both Linux and Windows
- Utilize Monitoring and Performance tools to identify and resolve infrastructure needs.
- Possible travel to assist and support projects at remote locations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related work experience
- ITIL Certification preferred
- ITSM frameworks and processes
- Application Support
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and documentation skills, with service-oriented mindset
- 5 -- 7 Years in supporting Enterprise Systems
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure systems
- Understanding of Layer 3 networking technologies, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Hands on experience in many of the following technologies: Systems Center Operations Manager, Solarwinds, Office 365, Patch Management, Telephony, Client Devices, Wireshark packet captures and analysis, storage-compute-network performance analysis.
- Strong background in supporting Windows Servers, Powershell, VMware ESXi; Systems Center family of products experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- A passion for customer service
- Microsoft Certifications are preferred but not required