Human Resources Manager in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading the HR function and being a business partner to Hand Tools, Accessories, and the Support Functions within Milwaukee Tool. As the HR Manager, you will be a critical component in providing an energizing and engaging work environment.
- Maintain positive employee relations by creating a responsive, open environment and being available to employees to facilitate open and continuous communication; coach others on techniques used to establish and maintain positive employee relations.
- Conduct and document internal investigations into employee complaints.
- Assist leadership on the creation of corrective action programs for employees. Work with leaders to ensure performance plans are set maintained and continuously improved.
- Manage the off-boarding process which includes: exit process and addressing any non-compete concerns.
- Identify and monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Keep the leadership team informed of issues that could jeopardize the achievement of company goals. Partner with leadership to develop a plan to improve any concerns.
- Partner with leadership to provide an employee oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and development.
- Coach leadership on the appropriate actions required to respond to employee issues and concerns.
- Facilitate the performance evaluation process for the Power Tool Business Unit.
- Partner with hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team to identify staffing needs and define a recruiting strategy to fill open positions.
- Participate in the hiring process which includes: staffing logistics, interviews, candidate screens, and employee offers.
- Lead the internal recruiting process for open positions within the Power Tool Business Unit.
- Partner with leadership and the Organizational Development team in the new employee onboarding process (i.e. Orientation, Onboarding Training Plans, etc.)
- Ensure compliance within the organization for regulatory activities such as EEO, AAP, OSHA, WC, Unemployment, FMLA, ADA and FLSA.
- Address employee issues and work with management to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed uniformly across the sales and service organization.
- Responsible for ensuring base pay compensation is appropriate for the position.
- Assist in establishing company wage and salary structure.
- Establish best practices in compensation and benefits through research and up-to-date information.
- Monitor pay practices and pay ranges to help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Assist in organizational changes (i.e. communication, updates to reporting structure, etc.)
- Provide monthly reports and analysis on various employee data as requested leadership.
- Organizes, completes and presents projects as assigned by leadership within specified time frames.
- Drive continuous program and process improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment.
- Interact in a positive, customer-service focused manner with all levels of the organization via both verbal and written communication.
Education and Experience Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 year of progressive Human Resources experience is required.
- Up-to- date knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the leadership team.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary.
- Some travel may be required.