Engineering Technician - Regulatory in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As a Regulatory Technician for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to define Regulatory Requirements as a member of a cross-functional design team. Under the direction of the Manager of the Regulatory Laboratory, you will work with other Regulatory Engineers with strong experience and background in this field. Your primary duty is to assist in the coordination and execution of Regulatory and compliance testing and evaluation of Milwaukee products to the provisions of US, Canadian, and International product safety standards.
- Perform diverse and complex electrical and mechanical tests on research concepts, the Company's line of products and competitive products as they relate to Regulatory compliance and/or product safety.
- Perform tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques to test products and components, including switches, electronic controls, electric motors, insulation systems, plastics, batteries, chargers, test and measurement products, etc.
- Prepare thorough, timely and accurate technical reports on test performed utilizing a PC with word processing, database, spreadsheet and statistical/graphical software.
- Responsible for maintaining test equipment in good working order and in calibration.
- Design and build test fixtures as needed. Create drawings as needed to support projects and equipment.
- Assist, as needed, in obtaining annual lab certification to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Requires an education equivalent to an technical Associate Degree and one to three years experience with test equipment, test procedures and methods, mechanical/electrical principles.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of Milwaukee's products.
- Knowledge of P.C. hardware and software.
- Ability to program in visual basic and LabVIEW is a plus.
- One year of data acquisition experience.