Senior Electrical Designer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to join our Electrical Engineering team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the development of our power tool electronics. As part of the PCB Designer team, you will apply your technical expertise in Printed Circuit Board Layout, will be challenged to be resourceful, and will need to communicate complex layout topics with Engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Electrical Engineers to design Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) for AC & DC circuits in new and existing products.
- Perform PCB layout including: definition of PCBA dimensions based on system design constraints, circuit block arrangement (floor-planning), power and ground plane creation, component placement, and routing of signal nets to minimize cost and maximize design for manufacturability, reliability, thermal management, and test (DFx).
- Cultivate our component library including creation of component footprints, generation of schematic symbols, 3D models and entry of new parts in the Electronics CAD (ECAD) library.
- Create & modify both general as well as project specific Design Rules and resolve DRC errors.
- Present PCB designs for Technical Review in compliance with Milwaukee Design Processes.
- Build PCB document packages used by manufacturing including assembly drawings, 3D PCBA model files, and Gerber files.
- Work closely with PCB vendors to source prototypes from our design files (either 1-up or panelized) as required.
- Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to achieve excellence in System Design and Quality.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of PCBA development processes and tools.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of directly applicable experience in PCBA design and assembly.
- 2 years of experience working with high production volume PCBAs typical of consumer products.
- Associate Degree in a Technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of professional level PCB CAD tools used for high volume PCB design, preferably Altium.
- Basic understanding of analog/digital circuit theory and EMC/ESD in electronics.
- Highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel)
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.