Concept Computer Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Concept Computer Engineer/Computer Scientist position is part of the leading edge of discovery and new product innovation. If you're an inventor, a dreamer, a maker, and have an unparalleled passion to create new and interesting solutions to address user needs, and you have an extensive portfolio of consumer products you've designed and developed, we want you to work with us.
Our Concept Engineers are hands-on, creative spirits that can see past perceived barriers and use that mentality to uncover new ways of thinking to solve challenging user needs and technical hurdles. As part of a cross-functional team composed of equally motivated Design Researchers, Industrial Designers, and other Concept Engineers, you will work to uncover unmet user needs, ideate creative ways to solve those unmet needs, and act as the technical expert in the creation and execution of the ideas into concepts and new business opportunities. The concept engineering team thrives on collaboration and the building on one and other's ideas and prototypes. If you're excited about working closely with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideate, evaluate and develop new-to-world products and technologies for highly accurate and precise asset tracking.
- Collaborate with internal and external technology partners in development of new tracking technologies.
- Design and build quick prototypes that drive marketing and project leaders in their product feature decision process.
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas to a wide audience.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Masters of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineer or similar field(s).
- High proficiency in POSE estimation and 3D computer vision methods and software.
- High proficiency in; C, C++, Python
- Working knowledge of off-the-shelf electronic development platforms (Arduino, Pi, etc.) for building fast prototypes.
- Working knowledge of networking and UDP/TCP protocols and Nyquist Rates.
- Experience with single and multi-target tracking.
- Experience in Android or iPhone development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Experiences with stereo vision, SLAM, Visual (Inertial) Odometry, and LIDAR
- Knowledge of RF communications, transmitter, and antenna design.
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies and their connectivity to microcontrollers.
- Working knowledge of basic control theory, PID loops