Electrical Engineer II in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 12/18/2020
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 12/18/2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate status updates to other teams and mid-level management. Share lessons learned and design updates to other technical leaders.
- Apply a platform use approach to all new designs, gathering and implementing design considerations for use in multiple product categories.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Build organizational capacity; provide technical guidance to entry level engineers on their projects.
- Participate in cross functional design reviews as an independent reviewer.
- Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers and cross-functional teams throughout Asia and the world.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware for mid to high-level complexity projects.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Establish and define best practices for fellow team members. Create development tools to increase team efficiency.
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and input into future product needs.
- Apply a manufacturing mindset to designs in order to effectively and efficiently mass produce products while using expertise to elevate others.
- Quickly identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems in order to resolve in a high urgency environment.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in related design field.
- Root cause failure analysis, and technical preparation of products for mass production.
- C and C++ programming, especially relating to microcontroller peripherals and related development tools and processes preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, including signal integrity and noise analysis.
- Schematic capture, PCB layout software, SPICE and industry best practices.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (5% domestic and 5% international).
- High interest in tools of the trade.