Senior Motor Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Motor Engineer will provide technical leadership, direction, guidance and engineering expertise to colleagues and other cross-functional teams across the globe. You will identify engineering trends and drive strategies to guide the organization's technical direction in creation and execution of test plans to verify motor performance and thermal limits.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and drive test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization to aid in design verification and failure modes.
- Perform root cause failure analysis of motor test failures.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Perform electromagnetic design changes to laminations to improve existing designs.
- Design, qualify new designs, and make changes to motor components while understanding how these changes affect durability and manufacturing processes.
- Make clean-sheet motor designs of brushed and brushless DC motors and AC universal motors to optimize performance tailored to product requirements.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
- Mentor and train junior engineers in their design and failure analysis.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Experience using CAD.
- Proficient in theory of Brushless DC Motors.
- Familiarity with Brushed PMDC, AC Universal and Induction and Switched Reluctance motors and theory.
- Extensive knowledge of motor controls, battery technology, vibration and sound analysis.
- Understanding of motor assembly and motor component design/manufacturing and what drives cost and durability.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is required.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Proficiency with FEA.
- Understanding of metal stamping, steel machining, and injection molded processes.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.