Senior Electrical Engineer - Layout Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead the electronics development of new products, verify all aspects of design including circuit design, schematic capture, and documentation. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
- Schedule, develop agendas, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Create test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee's development and manufacturing processes.
- Establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world and provide timely feedback on project development
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
Oversight of Electronics Designs:
- Quickly identify tradeoffs and solutions to problems in a high urgency environment.
- Ability and drive to continue digging for root cause failure analysis.
- High level of attention to detail in order to provide technical confidence that products are ready for mass production.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the trade.
- Broad-based experience with various electronics disciplines. Analog design, power electronics, laser diodes, microcontroller systems, USB power systems, are especially useful.