Senior Systems Engineer - Battery Systems in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Sr. Systems Engineer's primary role uses highly developed engineering expertise and project management abilities to cross functionally coordinate the mechanical aspects of each cordless battery platform including the battery to tool interface design, system requirements, inspection methods, and overall durability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Chief technical resource and mechanical engineering leader on each cordless battery platform.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering teams facilitating trade off decisions.
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies in each battery platform. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations
- Independently develop, write and analyze testing reports in internal laboratory.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation / mentorship to others.
- Execute a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis
- Tolerance stack analyses
- Sound and vibration / response of dynamic systems
- Determine GD&T and oversee inspection methods for critical system components.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics, Masters preferred
- 5+ years of design experience.
- Ability to manage a small team preferred.
- Strong proficiency in 3D CAD -- ProE, Solidworks, NX, or similar as well as FEA.
- Strong understanding of GD&T.
- Vibration experience preferred
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials, specifically injection molding.
- Strong cross functional communication skills.
- Strong root cause and failure analysis aptitude
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the construction trades.