Lead Quality / Reliability in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As a Quality/Reliability Project Lead for Milwaukee you will be utilizing your engineering skills and project management ability to investigate potential quality & warranty concerns, deep dive into return data streams, and assist with executing improvement projects for existing Power Tool products.
Milwaukee Electric Tool offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility!
- Leads small to medium scale engineering investigations for Quality & Warranty support.
- Drives investigation period until root cause of issues are identified
- Provides engineering support on mid-level complexity projects under the supervision of department manager.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Service & Support, Marketing, and numerous other departments.
- Evaluate product investigations relative to the selection, cost and resolution of problems associated with processes, materials, or assembly. Work cross functionally with advanced engineering teams.
- Regularly visit our service centers and manufacturing assembly lines to maintain open communication and investigate and provide troubleshooting analysis as required.
- Track warranty, social media, and other return activity to identify early infant issues
- Request and perform tests per established procedures.
- Present and communicate project status for all open investigations
- Interpret data and make corresponding improvement suggestions including but not limited to:
- Resolving user complaints through social media, reviews, or warranty returns.
- Identifying ineffective assembly or service processes.
- Developing data triggers indicating potential quality/warranty concerns.
- Improving the quality of components, processes, or procedures.
- Reviewing and tearing down returned product to identify root cause.
- Interacting with suppliers to develop part and product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Developing tests which can reproduce previously identified issues.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or educational equivalent is required. Preferred degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Ability to travel to China & domestically several times of year is required (15% travel).
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects is required.
- Highly developed Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials used in power tools, and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Ability to use statistical and data analytic software required. Minitab, Reliasoft Weibull++, and PowerBI are preferred
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a self-starter who has a strong problem-solving skill set, understands interpretation of data streams, design, testing, and manufacturing assembly processes, and is able to clearly communicate improvement proposals to management
- Able to provide a basic overview of upcoming workload and identify potential resource bottlenecks.
- Basic understanding of various cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead is required.
- PMP certification is a plus but not required.