Quality Lab Supervisor in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Quality Technical Supervisor, the primary duty is to direct, supervise, coordinate and administer duties pertaining to the Quality Lab activities which include but are not limited to Failure Analysis and Product Tear Down activities.
The Quality Lab is responsible for monitoring quality levels of our products in the field. The Lab coordinates and manages random and directed sampling plans of tools from warranty and returned products to help ensure known warranty drivers are identified and communicated to the other business teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the Lab and its equipment in an efficient manner while performing the daily functional reviews and tear down activities.
- Responsible for the driving lab operational throughput
- Be an influential champion of Digital Transformation
- Generate reports and data around Warranty drivers and field failures for the business.
- Provide instructions and guidance to quality lab technicians and maintain operational oversight to Lab activities to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Continue to reevaluate Lab priorities to align with business goals
- Regularly Interact and influence process and procedures with Key stakeholders in other business units to ensure continuous improvements in data collection and tool review activities.
- Review, analyze and prepare recommendations relative to new or improved analysis methods, equipment, etc. that can improve the Labs efficiencies or reporting capabilities.
- Assist with the preparation of the lab budget. Prepare capital appropriation recommendations / requests as needed for new equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires technical education as is normally acquired in four years at the college level or equivalent work experience supplemented by seminars and short term supervisory and technical programs.
- Previous experience with product field analysis and root cause analysis is a plus.
- Continuous improvement experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on testing / troubleshooting role. Preferred with quality and/or reliability focus.
- 1+year supervisor/manager role