Principal Systems Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Principal Electrical Engineer works in a team environment with engineers from a variety of organizations, product marketing, and other key stakeholders, utilizing systems engineering approaches to enabling efficient development of innovative electric power tool and equipment systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- System requirements and architecture definition and technology planning, including working in a team environment with engineers from a variety of organizations, product marketing, and other key stakeholders.
- Negotiate, define, and maintain electronic technology and platform roadmaps enabling product roadmaps defined by product marketing
- Lead electronic system requirements definition and documentation from voice of customer, business, and regulation; lead system lifecycle management
- Define and maintain electronic system architectures including hardware and firmware interfaces, configuration management, etc.
- Collaborate on the development of system verification and validation strategies
- Effectively communicate with and lead team members of diverse technical and non-technical backgrounds in execution of the above
- Support development and refinement of lightweight tools and processes for execution of system engineering practices within an agile, high-velocity product development environment; support system integration and transition
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems or Electrical Engineering or similar field required
- 5+ years of experience in related design field
- Highly motivated self- starter
- Proficient in systems thinking and applying to engineered systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international)