Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Electronics Platform Project Manager will be responsible for providing project management, leadership and technical direction for a variety of complex electronics platform development projects. You will oversee day-today activities of cross-functional project team members to ensure all groups are working toward the goal of successful and timely project completion.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Drive development of electronic platforms that meet functionality, performance and platform reusability needs while fulfilling cost, timing, reliability, and high-volume manufacturing requirements.
- Track electronics platform development projects to completion ensuring adherence to budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Provide direction, guidance and expertise to Engineering and cross-functional team members.
- Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Accountable for technical elements of project execution including integration of components and sub-systems, safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Conduct design and safety reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for platform development phase progressions.
- Comply with all procedures covering electronics platform development and design output in addition to procedures from non-engineering departments related to project execution.
- Regularly schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, present project status and document project meetings.
- Engages manufacturing plants and outside suppliers as needed to achieve project goals.
- Make recommendations to update processes, existing standards and/or procedures as needed.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the power tool industry.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years of Engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low to moderate complexity projects to develop new products, components or systems.
- High aptitude for Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of the electronics technologies preferably those used within power tool products.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Project Management, Systems Engineering, or Organizational Studies.
- Formal project management training.
- Electrical project experience is preferred.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.