MAIN ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and maintain relationships with engineering, suppliers, and metrology customers to address metrology needs. Communicate results and solutions in an effective and efficient manner for metrology projects. Overall Support in the Quality Lab -- Inspections, Analysis, Testing, Documentation, and Record Keeping. Metrology Lab Support for Engineering and Manufacturing in measuring and testing of parts and components. Track Metrology and Inspection Projects and Report on Status. Foster a positive, collaborative environment throughout the organization as a support function of the organization.
Quality and Inspection Planning
- Supports Engineering New Product Development in Metrology through sample measurements and feedback, early on involvement in drawing and GD&T reviews, and early supplier measurement capability evaluations.
- Develops inspection strategies to meet business needs for the Corporation.
- Establishes and Implements an effective Calibration System for gauge and equipment control on an ongoing basis.
- Purchase Order and CAPEX documentation and processing for Metrology equipment, devices, test equipment, and other measurement instrumentation.
Part Measurement and Part Qualification
- Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
- Documents and edits programs utilized in metrology labs such as PC-DMIS, Geomagic, COSMO & CALYPSO, etc. and serves as technical expert for metrology inspection.
- Develops new inspection techniques as required.
- Develops standard platforms, where applicable, such as vision systems, contact/non-contact inspection systems, and other platforms where appropriate.
- Corporate lead on development of inspection fixtures to ensure minimum measurement error during inspection.
Design Assistance and Training
- Participates in design reviews with cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, Design for inspection, reliability, and quality system objectives are met.
- Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models to establish inspection criteria and measurement implementation.
- Maintains adequate training in metrology disciplines to ensure capability to lead team and train others as needed.
Corporate Metrology Department Management
- Global Management of Inspection and Metrology Programs
- Calibration Standards and Maintenance of Calibration System
- Measurement Standards and Procedures Development and Maintenance
- Metrology Lab Certification and Audit Programs
- Supervise Metrology Lab Technicians