Senior Electrical Engineer - Battery Electronics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. Our fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer -- Battery Electronics is a part of our growing Advanced Development team within the Battery Electronics group. You will create best in class electronics for our battery lines by leading the design through electronics technology investigation/scoping against requirements to effectively and efficiently deliver to the NPD team for mass production launch.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing guidance to junior engineers.
- Research and engage with prospective suppliers on selection of new technology including Lithium-Ion Battery Management ASICs, microcontrollers, Power Devices, and other analog and digital ICs.
- Provide expertise and engineering support on high complexity projects.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work, driving to critical milestones, and giving candid communications up and down the organization on design progress and barrier removal.
- Lead the design activities including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototype builds, firmware coding, and test plan development and execution.
- Use laboratory equipment to debug and develop your design with oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, spectrum analyzers, ESD/EMC, data acquisition systems, and analysis software.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in the Embedded Electronics design field including 16/32 bit microcontroller-based circuits for measurement and power control.
- Fundamental understanding of Lithium-Ion battery management strategies and circuits as well as familiarity with component vendors in that space.
- Demonstrated design experience in power management with ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for analog and digital circuit layout, schematic capture, PCB layout software, and circuit simulation.
- Must have authored firmware from scratch for a successfully launched product.
- Proven ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure, drive to completion, and communicate progress and escalate barrier removal needs to management.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous PCBA design experience in the area of Lithium-Ion Battery circuits for high volume products.
- Knowledge of best practices for firmware development in C.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.