Chief Electrical Engineer - Chargers in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Chief Electrical Engineer will lead a team of embedded system and power electronics engineers focused on delivering new charger technologies and products to the market. Responsibilities include strategic roadmap planning, resource allocation and scope management, oversight of technical reviews / design decisions, and process improvement / change management. This includes working in a team environment with marketing, project management, firmware engineering, mechanical engineering, and global manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate the team to deliver on schedule within cost and performance metrics.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gannt charts, root cause analysis, circuit / PCB design, PCBA manufacturing, and presentation skills.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Lead and grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical and management issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Help manage relationships with PCBA manufacturing and critical component suppliers.
- Bring a strong technical understanding of embedded system / switched-mode power supply design and best practices to the organization.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- 10+ years of highly successful experience in related field.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and International).
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or MBA.