Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 8/7/2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create CAD models using Siemens NX incorporating complex surfacing when needed.
- Design components with high level understanding of manufacturing process such as plastic injection molding, die casting, and forgings.
- Prepare layouts and design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Work independently to create original layouts of products.
- Complete analysis and research to moderate technical problems.
- Provide possible solutions to these problems to project teams.
- Perform dimensioning and tolerancing calculations that may include assemblies with multiple parts and/or where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Perform testing when required with little to no guidance.
- Analyze information obtained from testing and provide analysis to team.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information; this may require use of some simple instrumentation or measuring devices.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Provide guidance and CAD expertise to other Engineering staff.
- Act as a mentor to new Designer staff.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a technical Associate Degree in design/engineering technologies and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing computer modeling.
- Advanced CAD skills and Advanced mechanical design skills required and the ability and passion to develop creative design solutions.
- Computer skills needed include Microsoft office Unigraphics (NX12.0) or similar 3D CAD package.
- Requires prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Must understand the application of Milwaukee products.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Advanced mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions utilizing DFM and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.