Milwaukee Tool is an industry leader developing innovative solutions that deliver increased productivity and unmatched durability for professional construction users. We set out to completely rethink a solution and deliver game-changing innovation. As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for leading projects in a variety of areas including but not limited to: Testing, Facilities, and Capital Expenditures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead product testing projects with focus on Testing Execution Management at a variety of Milwaukee locations including international.
- Support international test labs
- Lead machine safety review efforts
- Assist in identifying new equipment needs
- Communicate with vendors and sourcing
- Lead Testing Improvement Projects that include capital
- Lead internal projects for continuous improvement with process or equipment.
- Write CAPEX requests
- Lead projects related to Facilities Support including facility improvements and changes
- Develop and execute plans.
- Create layouts and drawings based on team input, equipment specifications, and facility requirements.
- Conduct data analysis.
- Complete technical studies and prepare cost estimates.
- Identify risks and track machine builds in conjunction with NPD teams and TE group
- Collaborate in cross functional teams
- Create workflows, process and procedures
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations and reporting requirements relating to safety/heath
- Ability to travel domestic and internationak 10-15%
- Champion of 5S culture
- Other assigned duties contributing to team effort as needed
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Strong mechanical knowledge and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and machine shop mathematical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks
- Excellent problem definition and resolution skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Solid verbal and written English language communication skills are required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must have experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced and complex environment
- Proficient with CAD; NX, Solidworks, other
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of two years of experience in a product engineering role
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with OSHA machine safety regulation a plus