Under the direction of the Team Lead, the position will be accountable for the activities of the department requiring the application of Journeyman trades, craft occupations or combinations of high skills to operate equipment, special machinery and other systems in support of R&D and NPD activities.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Independently set up, program and operate CNC equipment including, mills, lathes, grinders, stamping press, metal forming equipment, or otherwise to shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Ensure that programs or set-up will function properly, and that output will meet specifications. Must be able to make necessary machine adjustments to meet engineering tolerances.
- Select and mount proper work holding and tooling, according to specifications. Apply knowledge of parameters, shop mechanics, and metal properties.
- Use a variety of gage measurement equipment to verify dimensions.
- Plans machining instructions and sequence of operations by studying blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T). Select materials to be used when applicable from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Schedule work that has been assigned and communicate accurate time estimates to supervisor. Collaborate with Engineering and exchange information regarding Lab Requests.
- Respond to problems by reviewing machine setup and process. Able to identify root causes and adjust as needed. Observe and listen to operating machines & equipment and recommend process improvements.
- Must work effectively in team environment requiring minimal supervision and is a self-starting individual willing to take initiative for personal development.
- Contributes to organizational goals and objectives.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2-year Technical degree required, or minimum 5 years' experience in a related field.
- Must have prior experience setting up and programming CNC Machining and Turning Centers.
- Must have R&D mindset and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with manual data input (MDI) and G & M codes.
- Experience with Siemens and or Fanuc machine controls.
- Experience with CAD/CAM i.e.; Solid Works, Mastercam, Tool Studio, Vector Cam or equivalent.
- Experience with 5S principles highly preferred