Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Product Design
Date Posted: 10/8/2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in field research to aid in the development of design solutions to meet our end user's needs.
- Take a product from concept through mass production with supervision and provide Engineering deliverables in all phases.
- Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing and other cross-functional team members.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering team through PowerPoint and graphical tools. Data must be presented in a manner that facilitates effective decisions.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Work with Senior Engineers to gain the aptitude and experience working with Operations, Quality and Suppliers to establish appropriate specifications and delivering conforming products.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost and reliability.
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies within his/her scope in the project with minimal guidance. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations
- Gain experience performing a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis, material and heat treatment selection, tolerance and fit analyses, lubrication, gear design, statics and dynamics, sound and vibration on a variety of machine element designs.
- Independently develop, write and analyze test requests with the MET Test Laboratory.
- Work as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation/mentorship to others.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Computer skills needed include Unigraphics (NX8.5) or similar 3D CAD package.
- Experience with FEA preferred.
- Continuously developing Mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- High interest in tools of the construction trades.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time is preferred (travel includes Domestic and International)