This position is a fundamental part of our engineering team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with proven project experience, as well as someone who exhibits the drive for continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create work instructions and related documentation and ensure they are current, accurate and understood by the team.
- Identify, prepare and implement improvement opportunities that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Prepare recommendations/analyses for the development of new and/or improved processes that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Analyze capital expenditures and project designs to help find ways to cut costs
- Prepare equipment/process improvement analysis and cost justifications for necessary capital equipment and other manufacturing expense spending.
- Conduct capability and time studies and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate, perform and troubleshoot equipment, tooling and fixture installation and maintenance.
- Maintain fixture and quality equipment along with keeping calibrations up to date both internally and externally.
- Source and utilize outside suppliers that support quality and production levels.
- Measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
- Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Participate in Kaizen and project engineering within the facility
- Act as technical resource for manufacturing and maintenance and as a backup for shift Supervisors as needed.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall business unit goals.
- Stay current with METCO business including present and future trends.
- Test, Inspect, and identify Milwaukee Tool products that do not adhere to Quality standards
- Ability to Identify symptoms of broken or non-conforming parts and investigate root cause.
- Ability to read/interpret Electrical Schematics to troubleshoot Electrical assemblies and components
- Troubleshoot and train to tool failures for technicians
- Collect and communicate data through a variety of software and user interfaces including MS Excel, Quality Management (HQMS) and other Database data entry.
- Proficient at reading, comprehending, and executing actions of work instructions.
- Understand and utilize Technical Problem-Solving methods to work through problems or issues.
- Operate lab equipment and gages properly and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
- Maintains Lab equipment functions and calibration statuses
- Support Lab Cleanliness and Housekeeping
- Perform support activities of the Quality/Reliability team as needed
- Work from define sampling plans or collection plans to support ongoing quality initiatives
- Develop and implement new audit plans where applicable
- Requires technical education as is normally acquired in 4-year bachelor's degree or equivalent Hands-on experience and supplemented by technical seminars.
- Strong Electrical Aptitude, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude, and problem-solving abilities
- DC Battery system experience a plus.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads and data acquisition systems.
- Intermediate skills in core Microsoft applications -- Excel, Word, PowerPoint preferred.
- Previous experience with product field analysis and root cause analysis is a plus.
- Strong professional written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical charging / battery systems helpful
- Must be permanently eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for this position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering or Industrial Technology
- Minimum of five (1-3) years manufacturing engineering experience. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high level of self-initiative and have proven "start-to-finish" project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO management tools). Must be able to problem solve and use root cause analysis.