Supervisor - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
This position will be responsible for supervising the second shift data entry, general labor and shipping/receiving teams. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects, 5S, and safety programs as required. Additionally, the Supervisor should be able to develop root cause analysis from data and implement changes to meet Service and Megahub goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and coordinating teams in data entry, receiving and shipping areas in order to meet production goals and meet required quality, safety, cost, inventory and team objectives.
- Orientate, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist team members in work instructions, production standards, and the balanced flow of work and problem resolution.
- Responsible for gathering, interpreting, and applying all area data in the MegaHub by working in software, spreadsheets, and team files.
- Perform all related supervisory and human resource functions (work assignments, attendance documentations, incident reports, performance evaluations/counseling).
- Audit daily production reports, resolve data entry and shipping errors
- Audit quality and safety reports and processes to determine cause of issues/problems and ensure necessary corrections are performed to maintain standards.
- Ensure team members are following all safety standards throughout workflow
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Facilitate team meetings and communications.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily staffing, production decisions.
- Assign work and special projects to team members to develop work experience and flexibility.
- Requisition resources (supplies, tools, etc.) and expedite as required.
- Act as backup for all team members including department Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall department goals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years in a production environment
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact well with team members at all levels
- Experienced with shipping and receiving processes
- Experienced with data analytics
- Computer skills required, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Requires a high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.