Manager NPD Engineering in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Manages, supports, and provides leadership direction to project leaders and design engineers. Responsible for engineering activities including new product development, product life cycle support, and technology integration. Collaborates with business unit leadership in product, manufacturing, and commercial strategies.
Must possess strong technical engineering knowledge. Requires strong leadership skills, functional management as well as experience managing complex projects to meet project targets. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and interface closely with Quality, Finance, Marketing, Supply Planning, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide engineering leadership and direct new product development activities within the department.
- Ensure all projects are complete on time, at cost, and within budget.
- Develop resource plans.
- Regularly present engineered project status, schedule updates, and financial updates to stakeholders.
- Manage large capital projects.
- Recruit, develop and coach engineering team members.
- Develop and improve business and department processes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Graduate studies preferred in the business areas such as Project Management, Finance, Marketing, or Organizational studies. Formal project management training preferred.
- 6+ years of leadership managing engineering departments and new product development teams.
- Technical cross functional management.
- Financial acumen including manufacturing cost drivers associated with materials, labor & overhead.
- Talent development.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in related field.
- Experience successfully managing low-moderate complexity projects and/or subsystems of larger projects.
- Electrical Project Experience is preferred.
- Must possess a high level of Mechanical/Electrical engineering aptitude.
- Must have a working design knowledge of a wide variety of the technologies associated with Milwaukee products.
- Ability to draft comprehensive test plans and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Project.
- Must be a self-starter, hands-on and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Must possess great communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel.