Senior Electrical Engineer - Technology R&D in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be focused on evaluating and developing future technologies for Milwaukee Tool's market space. Responsibilities include evaluation of key technologies and maturity level for target product categories and applications, development of technology to acceptable level for transition to product teams and owning relationships with key vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment of emerging technology market space and fit within Milwaukee Tool product initiatives.
- Develop plans to evaluate and develop emerging technology maturity for product development.
- Design and develop prototype electronic systems for evaluation, including schematic entry and printed circuit board layout.
- Establish and execute test regimens for evaluation of new technology.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, logic analyzers and data acquisition systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in sensor applications and embedded design.
- Experience and familiarity with embedded communications such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and other serial communication protocols.
- Experience and familiarity with modern programming languages such as Python and C/C++.
- Experience and familiarity with SPICE based circuit simulation, magnetic simulation software such as Ansys Maxwell, and Simulink/MATLAB preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with any of the following:
- Magnetic sensing application utilizing hall sensor, magnetoresistive sensors, magnetometers.
- Motion sensing applications utilizing gyroscopes, accelerometers, and barometers.
- Inductive measurement applications.
- Touch-based applications utilizing technologies such as resistive touch and capacitive touch.
- Current sensing applications utilizing current transformer, Rogowski coils, hall sensors, or magnetoresistive devices.
- Strain gauge applications.
- Distance, motion, and position sensing applications using LiDAR and radar.
- Power electronics design and control.
- Familiarity with machine learning is a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).