Electrical Controls Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join our Rapid Innovation Engineering Team. The successful candidate will posses a positive attitude, strong desire to succeed, create innovative ideas and solutions to technical challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, specify and coordinate the build of test fixtures.
- Perform root cause failure analysis of test failures
- Programming code (LabView and PLC's)
- Develops and maintains detailed schematic for new or existing fixture/machines -- AutoCad Electrical or similar
- Strong sensors and controls knowledge
- Diagnose, repair and troubleshoot power systems (electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics)
- HMI's programming
- Strong VFD and servo motor controls
- Integrate Vision systems into process control
- Creates work procedure documentation, reports and be able to prepare/give presentations
- Network communication, Ethernet and CAN
- Perform wiring and assembly
- Hands on test project setup
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a member of a cross-functional team
- Support NPD engineering and interface with technicians during tests
- Design per standards such as NEC/NFPA79, UL508A, CE, OSHA and ANSI
- Highly motivated person, attention to details and ability to quickly learn
- Personal ownership of tasks/projects and problem-solving skill person
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight schedules and deadlines
- Robotics experience is a plus
- SolidWorks is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in related design field.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time is required