Black Oxide Technician in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Imperial Blades was acquired by Milwaukee Tool in October 2018. We are located at 450 Progress Way, Sun Prairie, WI.
We are hiring on 2nd and the Weekend Shift.
- The 2nd shift hours are Monday - Thursday 3p-1a
- The weekend shift will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9a-9p
Full Benefits are offered.
Purpose of the Position:
The Coating Production Operator mainly works on the coating line but may be needed to work at one or more work stations. They are responsible for performing loading/unloading and monitoring timed processes while problem-solving and making decisions on any needed adjustments. Maintaining safety, accuracy, quality, and efficiency are essential. Additionally they are cross trained to work in various departments in production and are reliable to work on independent projects. They are willing to work until the task is complete including making themselves available for overtime to help complete projects as needed.
The position reports to the Production Analyst at Imperial Blades.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Activities and duties may vary dependent upon site specific needs. Essential functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Desire and ability to be cross-trained to work in other Departments
- Load/unloads racks, positions racks under equipment crane and operates hoist
- Measuring, loading and blending of liquid chemicals (titration process)
- Operates the crane that automatically lifts racks of panels and immerses racks into series of tanks that coats product
- Monitors and controls the timers for each process tank
- Inspects general appearance of finished product
- Asist in any equipment maintenance activities as directed
- Is engaged and involved when changes are made or there are new tasks or procedures
- Requests are completed with a good attitude and by needed deadlines
- Maintain a clean, safe work area
- May be assigned special projects and other duties
- Is able to think independently and work without direction
- Possess dependability and accountability
- Is able to communicate effectively any needs or changes to team members
- Possess basic computer skills to utilize required manufacturing software systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy of procedures