Test Engineering Technician - Power Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
Since its founding in 1924, Milwaukee has focused on a single vision: To produce the best heavy-duty electric power tools and accessories available to the professional user. Today, the Milwaukee name stands for the highest quality, most durable and most reliable professional tools money can buy.
Milwaukee continues to set industry standards, targeting professional tool users of all types with a product line that includes more than 500 tools, 3,500 accessories and 200 hand tools. Throughout its history, Milwaukee's commitment to quality has remained steadfast. Quality is instilled using state-of-the-art technologies and sophisticated manufacturing techniques.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Day in the Life
As an Engineering Technician for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available, and sometimes required. Milwaukee Tool has a global footprint with product design & manufacturing locations spanning the US, Mexico, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a variety of power tools in trade-representative conditions
- Work directly with a team to design highly detailed power tool tests
- Perform those data-centric tests, with a focus on accurate test measurements
- Effectively communicate progress, findings, and ideas to the design team
- Maintain meticulous attention to detail
- Continuously review and interpret tool sensor data to ensure accuracy
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations
- Prepare reports utilizing a PC with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and statistical/graphical software
- Setup and maintain test fixtures and equipment
- Exercise responsibility for thoroughness, timeliness, and accuracy of work performed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree from a two-year college or technical school
- Degree of study in Engineering (especially Electrical or Mechanical) or related field
- Familiar with variety of measurements includes scopes, basic electronics, mechanical systems
- Basic electrical skills including soldering
- Some experience with programming a plus
- Familiar with use of power tools