Inventory Supervisor - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
The Supervisor will be responsible for leading the following teams: inventory clerks, shipping/receiving, material handlers and cycle counters. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects, 5S, and safety programs as required. Additionally, the Supervisor should be able to develop root cause analysis from data and implement changes to meet Service and Megahub goals.
The expectation of the supervisor is to enhance the daily performance through direct supervision of work methods for safety, quality and efficiency. The supervisor is the primary person to ensure proper staffing, proper equipment, and proper processes are in place. This includes building an empowered team with the proper training and resources to be successful. The supervisor leads the attitude and direction of the team and must be able to articulate company goals and objectives in a manner that creates "buy in" from the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for gathering, interpreting, and applying all area data in the MegaHub by working in software, spreadsheets, and team files.
- Orientate, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist team members in work instructions, production standards, and the balanced flow of work and problem resolution.
- Perform all related supervisory and human resource functions (work assignments, attendance documentations, incident reports, performance evaluations/counseling).
- Build a responsive, flexible team. Will interview, hire, and counsel team members
- Discover and identify the root cause of each material inventory variance.
- Create and support inventory control methods, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement best practices that will ensure the collection and appropriate dissemination of accurate and detailed inventory reporting
- Lead count approval process for count variances
- Identify areas needing improvement and lead initiatives to alleviate gaps in processes
- Work with the entire organization to lead and develop inventory strategies, continuous improvement, and to adopt best practices relating to inventory control. Must be able to effectively work with other functional areas to accomplish company objectives.
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with associates, ensuring that all product is properly counted and placed in appropriate locations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members at all levels.
- Facilitate team meetings and communications, responsible for pre-shift meetings.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily staffing, production decisions.
- Assign work and special projects to team members to develop work experience and flexibility.
- Requisition resources (supplies, tools, etc.) and expedite as required.
- Act as backup for all team members including department Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall department goals.
- Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Apply a 5 S concept to the work place, train staff in 5 S principles and then maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the safety and security of the warehouse and ensure that appropriate procedures are in place and followed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years in an inventory/warehouse environment
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience required
- Ability to interpret technical data accurately
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact well with team members at all levels, ability to persuade, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Experienced with shipping and receiving processes, logistics and supply chain management
- Experienced with data analytics
- Computer skills required, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Requires a high level of attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.