The Scheduler Expeditor is responsible for ordering parts per a forecast and min/max stocking levels while considering customer demand, product mix, and material availability that ensures on-time delivery to our customers.
Due to the nature of this position, interaction with all departments throughout the organization is common in addition to corporate interaction. This position may require occasional overtime as customer and business needs arise.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order materials, particularly packaging components, signage, display items, finished manufacturing components and items for resale based on forecast, KANBAN card receipt and minimum inventory level notifications
- Maintain and update reorder points in an ERP for packaging materials, vendor managed inventory and KANBAN items
- Perform regular visual inspection of inventory levels to supplement cycle counting program
- Monitor outstanding purchase orders and contact the vendor when purchase orders are past due
- Approve invoices as received as compared to purchase order quantity and pricing
- Place orders based on direction from Materials Supervisor as needed for outsourced manufacturing
- Administer inventory control initiatives and implement best practices
- Inventory management to include maintaining proper inventory levels/turns and disposition of excess/obsolete inventory in a timely manner in addition to collaborating with finance
- Reconcile negative on hand inventory, using logic and reasoning to identify root cause
- Coordinates the planning, execution, and communication of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs)
- Personal development to include continuously updating skills related to inventory control best practices