Blown Film Extruder Technician in Mukwonago, Wisconsin
An Extruder Technician B is responsible for continuous production of blown film manufactured to the documented recipe, thickness, color and print specifications, while maintaining the standard production rate.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consciously abide by all machine, and company safety procedures to ensure safe working environment. Report any injury or unsafe conditions
- Troubleshoot and resolve extrusion, on-line printing and slitting problems
- Start-up and maintain extruders and on-line printers
- Under guidance learn to operate Laminating and off-line Printing operations
- Perform and document as required all proscribed quality checks including ink viscosity and PH, mil thickness and head pressure
- Control size, color and consistency of film production per customer specifications
- Maintain environmental guidelines and procedures for ink disposal and solvent use
- Perform routine filter cleaning/replacement as directed
- Report to peers, managers and maintenance personnel any machine operating or safety problems
- Maintain order and cleanliness of blown film area through 6S initiatives
- Participate in production improvement initiatives
- Other duties and projects as determined by business and production needs
- Follow published work instruction and adhere to IGSS documentation
- Reporting of all scrap and production footage on a daily basis
- Perform Slitting, Assembly or other production work as directed
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous machine operation experience preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of the proper use of the hand tools used in the set-up and operation of extruding and converting equipment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required
- Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adequate skills in metrology and the use of measuring equipment
- Above average math skills in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing decimals (including three decimal places)
- Forklift certification is required