Responsible for the complete implementation and continued improvement year over year within the department. Other responsibilities include formulating the annual department expense budget, long term capacity and strategic planning, termination and the final decision on new hires.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience with 2 years or more as a manufacturing manager.
- Must have extensive knowledge of production management principles and techniques.
- Must have working knowledge of production, machining, tooling, fixtures and related equipment.
- Must possess and exhibit good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Must have an awareness of basic personnel practices.
- Must be knowledgeable in computers -- Spreadsheet and Database.
- Must have working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Vision, Mission, Goals, Culture and Objectives of the Plant.
- Direct timely and profitable production of product to meet scheduled demand
- Direct and indirect support maintenance and tool room departments
- Plan, coordinate and direct all operations of the department
- Develop, establish manufacturing objectives and guide the development and implementation of schedules, procedures and methods.
- Train, develop and coach subordinate personnel in goals, accountabilities and monitor accomplishments.
- Administer and enforce Plant Administrative Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure efficient and profitable utilization of manpower, machinery and material.
- Consult with other facility managers and Corporate to coordinate activities, participate in planning objectives and implementation.
- Instill and maintain a strong 5 S culture and appearance within the department
- Provide technical advice to correlate manufacturing efforts to improve productivity.
- Responsible for implementing and managing Department Manufacturing Principles through Employee Involvement and Empowerment.
- Provide an environment for problem resolution, goal attainment, Kaizen and measurement of team performance to goal in relation to production quantity, quality, expenditures, scheduling, and utilization of manpower, facilities and material.
- Responsible for implementation of strategies driven from data to obtain long range goal of continual improvement.
- Develop department budgets, maintain budget performance and take necessary action to meet goals.
- Keep Plant Management informed as to progress and any problems that may be constraints in the attainment of higher levels of quality, productivity and customer requirements.
- Accountable for the implementation and enforcement of all company policies dealing with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
- Accountable for maintaining compliance to Company Quality and Environment Systems.
- Accountable for Kanban, Materials and Inventory.