Manufacturing Engineer in Greenwood, Mississippi
This position is a fundamental part of our engineering team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with proven project experience, as well as someone who exhibits the drive for continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create work instructions and related documentation and ensure they are current, accurate and understood by the team.
- Identify, prepare and implement improvement opportunities that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Conduct root cause and other forms of analysis for entire product level tool category.
- Point of contact for Quality/Engineering for new product launches, service request, quality requests, or any other task related to your specific product category.
- Prepare recommendations/analyses for the development of new and/or improved processes that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Analyze capital expenditures and project designs to help find ways to cut costs
- Prepare equipment/process improvement analysis and cost justifications for necessary capital equipment and other manufacturing expense spending.
- Conduct capability and time studies and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate, perform and troubleshoot equipment, tooling and fixture installation and maintenance.
- Source and utilize outside suppliers that support quality and production levels.
- Measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
- Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Participate in Kaizen and project engineering within the facility
- Act as technical resource for manufacturing and maintenance and as a backup for shift Supervisors as needed.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall business unit goals.
- Stay current with METCO business including present and future trends.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Technology
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing engineering experience. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high level of self-initiative and have proven "start-to-finish" project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO management tools). Must be able to problem solve and use root cause analysis.
- Computer knowledge and skills required.